Thinking of moving house? Has Worcestershire caught your eye as a potential place to live and now you are looking to narrow down your options? Then perhaps you should consider the town of Pershore, located along the banks of the River Avon in Wychavon.
The town has a lot going for it and there are many great reasons why you should consider moving to Pershore in 2023. Here are a few of the things we love about Pershore.
10 Reasons why you should consider moving to Pershore in 2023
- Beautiful Scenery: Pershore is a beautiful town, known for its picturesque surroundings. It’s situated alongside the River Avon, is surrounded by rolling hills, lush greenery and the famous Tiddesley woods, home of a carpet of bluebells in early summer.
- Charming Town: The quaint market town of Pershore has a small-town feel with plenty of character. Its busy high street is full of great independent shops, boutiques and cafes – perfect if you love to shop.
- Thriving Arts Scene: The town has a vibrant arts scene, with a variety of galleries, exhibitions, and festivals throughout the year. Why not visit Number 8 – it hosts a gallery and theatre where you can catch everything from the latest films to a travelling ballet. The town also hosts festivals including the Plum Festival, Jazz festival and family fun days all held throughout the year.
- Great Schools: There are several excellent schools in the area, including Pershore High School and Holy Redeemer Catholic Primary School catering for all ages. There’s also the college known for its agricultural courses.
- Famous Produce: Pershore is famous for its plums, which are celebrated at the annual Pershore Plum Festival. You’ll also find lots of farm shops such as Clives of Cropthornes, so you can enjoy fresh produce grown right here in the fields around Pershore. There’s also the confetti fields just outside Pershore in the village of Wick which are stunning in the summer.
- Excellent Transport Links: The town is well connected, with easy access to major motorways and train stations. It has its own train station with services direct to London and is one stop away from Worcestershire Parkway with services to Birmingham, Bristol and beyond. It’s within easy reach of the A44, Worcester and the M5 motorway.
- Outdoor Activities: Whether you enjoy walking, cycling, or horse riding, Pershore offers plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities. Located nearby in Lower Moor there is also an outdoor waterpark, perfect for those who love watersports.
8. Family Friendly: With its strong sense of community, range of family-friendly activities, and excellent schools, Pershore is the perfect place to raise a family. The town has a variety of great playgrounds including Abbey Park which also has its own splash pad.
9. Historic Charm: From the ancient Pershore Abbey to the elegant Georgian architecture, Pershore has a rich history and plenty of character. If you enjoy exploring national trust properties, Croome Court is also just a few miles away.
10. Food and Drink: Pershore has a great selection of pubs and restaurants, serving locally sourced produce and delicious homemade meals. The Angel Inn and The Star Inn are just a couple of great options.
So, there you have it, ten reasons why Pershore is a great place to live. Why not start planning your move today?
Moving to Pershore?
If you are moving this way and need help with your move, the team at Evesham Transport Ltd are here to help. Evesham Transport Limited is an experienced and professional home removal company that can help you relocate your belongings to your new home in Pershore. We treat your possessions as if they were our own so you can rest assured you are in safe hands when you move with us.